R&P- What questions do you like to see in this category?

Alternatively, what questions do you not like to see?

♫ iᘔᘔY ツ Welcome back! Have really missed you around here ❤

Happy Christmas Izzy!

Favorite Answer

I loveeee music questions, like yours.

I don't like all the "Rate me" questions, lol.

I agree with a lot of what people have already said.

Interesting questions likes yours are great. I like questions about favorites, songs that fit a certain theme or description, and occasionally questions about least favorites are okay.

I don't like questions that are meant to rile up anyone. Any question stating or implying that all new music sucks are really annoying; this is my R&P pet peeve. I don't care for questions that ask for help identifying a song based off of barely any detail.

Firstly Happy Thanksgiving to all are American friends.

It sounds a good time for all your family to get together.(Covid Apart)

The Q's I like are the one's were you can show a bit of passion and feel you can show it without ridicule or being judged.

I don't mind lists, Top 10's, Best, Favourite even Greatest.

I like a back story where, when, who you were with when heard and what it means to you.

There is nothing like reading the answers of die-hard music fans on here it makes me feel like 'I am standing on the shoulders of giants'(to quote Isaac Newton)

The type of Q I'm not keen on are the Anon with an obvious negative agenda.

But at the end of the day it's their problem.

• Petter

Fun & interesting music question, pretty much the one's you normally give us. =) This category is not the same without you, imho.

• ?

Hi Livin,

I like and mainly read this section everyday to find new music. In turn I enjoy sharing new music many do not hear or would not find easily, with the folks here. Our section has really OUTSTANDING regulars who always have something to add.

Really there are no questions here I do not like to see. Even though 40 YEARS of Classic Rock in my ears, those here who are NOT old farts are still interested in the old music. May be boring for some, others should not miss out on some very good music. SO yes, Classic Rock may be boring for some, when young people are at my home I still enjoy putting on some of the old music, and what is pleasing is that many are "converted". They actually find out they like Rock & Roll. While there ARE the middle of the road old Bands everyone knows, there are also many still un heard Classic Rock bands to find.

* Now as far as Classic Rock Radio ...... NO THANKS, they only play the same tunes over and over ALL of them do the same thing. Aren't they part of the reason allot of people do not listen to Radio anymore ? In the day there WERE OUTSTANDING Underground radio stations that played the really edgy new music. This is where I first heard many of my favorites to this day. Hendrix, Firesign Theater, Todd Rundgren, Frijid Pink, White Witch, The Lost Gonzo Band,  Genesis (The real band with Peter Gabriel) and so many others.

** Remember an old late night show called " Midnight Special " ?

I like your questions, I think you're one of the few people here who's actually open to new music. I'm tired of the endless questions about The Beatles and I'm really sick of all of the stupid polling questions "Who's better - this band or that one?" and "Which album is better - this one or that one?" It just gets really boring. 

The biggest problem is that this forum is mostly comprised of younger people that are gung-ho about what they like and you can't argue with them and older people who are stubborn and close-minded that they give the adolescents a run for their money. 

There are a couple of users here who I think are pretty knowledgeable and well-versed in music, but they're outnumbered by the idiot kids who keep asking about grindcore and the old fogeys who don't know anything about any of the bands that started releasing records in the 80s or more recently. 

No one who loves music would be so dismissive of anything and people who are so dismissive of things they know nothing about are idiots whose opinion are worth nothing. 

I like interesting questions and can't stand boring, repetitive nonsense.