Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Dining OutFast Food · 2 months ago

Do you think it was food poisoning?

I bought a milkshake and some chicken nuggets at Chick Fil A (a fast food place). After I finished drinking the shake and eating, I was vomiting and had diarrhea for about 6 hours non-stop. Just constantly running back and forth to the toilet, and to the sink to vomit. I must have vomited about 5 times and used the toilet over 10 times. Thankfully, this was a long time ago and it's over, but what caused this?

Update:

This has happened ONLY ONCE, and it was that time.

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Food poisoning symptoms take 4-48 hours to show up.

• 1 month ago

Sounds like food poisoning son

• 1 month ago

Generally, it takes several hours to become sick from food poisoning.

• Darla
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

The shake had a lot of calories. What did you eat earlier in the day?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • kswck2
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Having had food poisoning before, that sounds a lot like it. 

• 2 months ago

There is no way to tell, at this time, what caused your illness, or where you caught it, if it was indeed contagious.

I have never gotten sick after eating at a restaurant.  I am 73.  I had a roommate who frequently got sick after eating something.  She would say to me, "I got sick after eating this.  Do you want the rest of it?"  I always ate it, it was generally delicious, and I never got sick from it.  

Just goes to show something.  IDK what.

• ?
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

sure the milk wasnt rotten ..

• 2 months ago

Sounds to me like you caught something from one of the cooks there. This kind of thing happens at bowling alleys all the time...

• 2 months ago

I'm betting they didn't clean that milkshake machine out for a long time before you got one from it. Yep--it sounds just exactly like food poisoning.  

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

it wasn't chick fil a. the digestive system does not work that fast...

also, who vomits in the sink? you're supposed to do that in the toilet...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.