Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureRoyalty · 2 months ago

Why has Britain's NHS failed so miserably in comparison to the US?

US Covid death rate- 2.04%

UK Covid death rate- 3.63% 

If you catch Covid in Britain you're almost twice as likely to die than if you were in the US. 

Update:

@Mr.Septic- here's the raw numbers. Feel free to show me where you think I'm wrong: 

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Update 2:

@anontard- Death rate= # of deaths/ # of cases

The UK has 56533 deaths and 1557007 cases (per link above) 

56533/1557007= .036309 rounded to 3.63% 

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

Older population is one reason. Brits outlive Americans by several years normally, and the older you get, the worse you  get Covid-19. Then, of course, many think that  due to the Orange Menace, much of the American stats are fudged anyway.

• 2 months ago

English have not failed bank of England and England strives to be they control Australia is under queen's rules .the English as quick to implent kindness and strict rulses .the own the land under the houses we live .Westpac bank is the kindest bank I  have ever known and st George bank bank with these people to gain freedom from debt

• ?
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

yes and , so the americans dont have a  nhs , which you democrats want , its free you know ..wouldnt be proud of your death rate anyway ..

• Buzz
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Why do you ask this question anonymously 😂? Hmmm, I think we all know why. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It would appear from just a quick scan of UK news that you have all the same problems we do in The States... Elder care homes that aren't being properly run, a religious community that won't stop gathering in groups and wild-eyed protestors clustering together in the streets. 

• Dayton
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Britain is less rich than the us who spend a fortune on lavish health care and testing.  Many of our cases went undiagnosed due to less tests.

It's true that the NHS record on COVID is risible. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

What nonsense. Grow up.

• 2 months ago

Those figures are complete nonsense, without further explanation.

Thank you. It could be any number of things - UK and USA might have different testing regimes so the lower rate of death in USA might be because they are testing more so finding more cases? It might, as anon says reflect different age profiles in the two countries.

Increasing testing will mean you find more cases, but won't affect the number of deaths. So it would reduce your calculated death rate.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

UK's population is 5.1% at 80 years old and above; in US, it is 3.9% who are above 80 years old.

Older people are more likely to die than younger patients.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

So what dose that prove - NOTHING really.

Private insurance still sucks, and it will suck as long as they can have any say about anything - so get rid of ALL networks (100% patents choice of everything) no yearly or life-time cap, no denial or charge more for pre-existing conditions, ex.

In other words - I won't be happy with it until EVERYONE is 100% covered - AND the Co. has NO say at all in anything!

And BTW, have dealt with both private insurance and Medicare/Medicaid - weather you want to believe it or not - fact is you keep MORE privacy with Medicare/Medicaid right now - AND fewer limitations!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.