When you were a kid, how many Christmas gifts were you allowed to have?

when I was a kid,  my parents were not rich people,  and with 5 kids, there wasn't much money to burn.  They did their best......but one lean year in particular.......it looked they bought everything at  a garage sale, or the Goodwill store.......used games, with missing pieces..... puzzles, with missing pieces,    my brother got a used left handed catchers mitt....he was right handed, and the pitcher....... a game that needed batteries.....and no batteries..........  like that there. 

with mum, we had gifts from mum and a stocking fill of usually a big present, lollies, school things.. and then we got gifts from Santa.. never counted.. 

with Dad, just gifts from Santa.. I was spoilt I would say.. have good memories :)

we did not go by the quantity of gifts we went by how much our parents could afford. I could get a lot of cheap things or just a few expensive things

I usually had about 50 with about 35 to 40 from Santa (Mom and Dad). I was an only child after my mom and siblings died in an accident in 1992 but I was an 11 year old boy when that happened and Christmas was not as big a deal after though my dad’s probably got me more gifts probably up to about 50 from him and 20 more from others since I was all he had left.  

There was no limit.

• Jo

Santa always gave me LOTS of presents! I never got even a single piece of coal.

It worked out at 4, having one parent living, one aunt and two siblings. The upside was I never had much shopping to do (now I have none). Best thing was the stocking which was full of silly but often clever things too. 

• Petter

Six point two.