My blood pressure has been high lately. Should I get it checked out? It was 154/89.?

That reading is off the charts.  Go to a hospital immediately because you could have a stroke.

I would seriously consider seeing a doctor as it could be the beginning of something serious.

Get a blood pressure monitor and take 2 readings at the same time every day for a while. You need to be sat well back in a chair with your elbows at heart height, and relaxed for about 3 or 4 minutes first. After a week, average out those readings. If the average figure is above 150 then make an appointment with your doctor soon.  120/80 is good for someone in their 20's and 30's. 

keep a diary, take it once,  the same place everyday and record findings after 2 weeks take it to you doctors office.

• ?

Yes. Get it checked ASAP! That's pretty high.

I am 40. I get high readings at the doctor office.

• Petter

Yeah, could be a good idea. When did you meassure it? It's often quite a big difference between the morgning compared to say in the evening.

154/89 is not really a big deal if you took it in the evening, but if you took it in the morning, you should probably have it checked up, your age is also a big factor here.