First Turkey I forgot the bag of gizzards inside the Turkey I cooked it with the gizzards inside is my Turkey okay😢 ?

I’m so freaking out I took the bag out it wasn’t melted the bag ripped once I used the fork to pull it but other than that the Turkey came out awesome. First timer cooking it and first time cooking for my fiancé mom and dad. Dont want to make anyone sick and it’s to late to get another Turkey. So I jus wanted to know if it’s still okay to present it to them. Thank you in advance Happy Thanksgiving 🙏🏾🙄🤦🏽‍♀️ 

I have done it  before and the only problem was a strong taste of liver

in all the turkey pieces.  Lots of gravy  took care of that.

• ?

Sure. I actually did that once myself. Just don't tell! Happy thanksgiving!

my sister-in-law did that years ago..guess what? All guests at that dinner back in the early 70's are still alive and kicking today...your turkey is fine.

EDIT; yup she can find gizzards because a gizzard is part of the giblets package. the other items are the liver and the heart...and no why would anyone get sick? People use them all the time to make the gravy.

• kswck2

More people do this than you can imagine, even professional chefs miss one occasionally. The turkey is fine, but you need an alternative way to make gravy. 

I don't think you'll find any “gizzards” packed inside a turkey. Do you mean giblets?

We've left the pack of giblets inside a chicken a couple of times and come to no harm.

• ?

should be fine. Call the Butterball Turkey hotline.