Gave scammer access to my macbook foolishly, will i be okay? What should I do now?

As you can see, i got scammed a couple months ago. Typical tech support scam and i foolishly gave him access to my computer because he said he needed to "scan" for any malware. Fast forwards a few months later, i have a new mac and a new card ( i destroyed the card and computer he had access to.) The company he claimed to be working for says that he was fired and they're charging him and he maybe going to prison. But that apparently he sold my info out there and that i should let them regenerate my IP address so that i would be "secured" and i wont have to deal with anything worse like identity theft and or being framed for crimes. But i don't trust any of them honestly and i am deathly terrified. I wanna just forget about it all and never call anybody from that company or give anyone else access to my stuff. Will i be okay? What should i do from here?

change all of your passwords and credit cards and file a police report.

also contact all three credit ratings as well as your bank and any

financial institution you deal with.

• David

You will need to change all your passwords, including your bank log in details and inform them that you have been hacked and get them to send you out some new cards. Changing your IP address means nothing - he will still have your details. Keep an eye out for loans that might be attempted or other forms of identity theft, store accounts etc

• Kieth

You learned something didn't you?  Don't let them change anything for you, they are a scam company. Make your passwords unhackable by not using anything that has to do with you, and stop clicking on everything that gets your attention. Change all of your passwords, because they have a list of all of them now.