British people who believe in ghosts, can you give me an example of a credible sighting?

I am asking this on Yahoo UK so Yanks can you just move onto another question unless you live in UK and believe in ghosts, otherwise you are just spam

Thank you English Guy, I visited Hampton Court soon after that Skeletor sighting, and asked the staff about it

Are no credible sightings of ghosts anywhere. Ghosts are explained as hoaxes, hallucinations, dreams or mistakenly believing something normal is paranormal!

• Tom

I lived in the UK when I was a kid and I saw the phenomena we call "A Ghost" in the farmhouse we were living in at the time , on the edge of Huntingdon (My father was in the USAF and we were stationed there).  I was 5 at the time and one night I was playing with the living room light, turning it on and off, while my mother and an English neighbor were in the kitchen cooking supper.   Suddenly, when I turned off the light, a grey figure appeared beneath it----The light was a bulb hanging from the ceiling by a cord with a lampshade around it.---The figure appeared to have his head below or IN the shade and was THRASHING about--- waving it's "arms" and leg-like appendages that seemed to terminate in points.  "What the heck"? I thought to myself, and switched on the light again---and it instantly vanished--the shade still swung a bit.  I decided I did not need to be in the living room, so I walked to the other side of the house to the kitchen, past my mother, and stood behind some cabinets. Mom look angrily at me and said "Now what's the matter with YOU?"  "I think I saw a ghost", I replied.  The English lady threw up her hands and exclaimed "OH he DID, HE DID!"   I led her and my mother back into the living room and told them what happened.   Mom, put her hand to her mouth and said "God, he saw the same thing I saw"---SHE had seen it a week before, but didn't tell anyone.---She had been teasing my father who thought there might be Ghosts in the house, and didn't want to get the "I told you so" thing from him.  SHE had been in the living room with my baby sister and had seen the lampshade "jump up". Curious, she looked closer, and saw what I described above.---She said she picked up my sister and left the room.  My DAD never did see THAT "ghost" but both he and MOM did see another one--some tall , hooded figure holding a book.

The previous tenant, BTW, had previously asked my parents if they had noticed anything "Funny" in the living room---But quickly dropped the subject when it was obvious they had not at the time.----This Is a credible sighting in that at least THREE people (Including myself) had seen the same thing--and it affected physical matter (the light lampshade) by knocking it about.     My mother had a theory someone was HUNG there, as in the middle of the room , just above the light, in a beam, was an old iron hook---she called "the meat hook"---

The house was a 450 year old thatched roof farm house we rented across from the lord Huntington estate. I have been trying to find the address of it for YEARS and looking on Google Earth  to no avail.---One clue, is that there was a BIG V2 bomb crater in the side yard that ducks used to swim in.

NOTE I call  it 'the Phenomena we CALL a ghost"--as we really do not know what they are.  GHOSTS as such may not exist but there IS Phenomena we take for them.

• Ludwig

Yes!  I saw the ghost of Derek Acorah in my mirror while I was shaving.  He was quite interesting to talk to, and said he was right about what he said about Madeleine McCann.  Though obviously that wasn't psychic.  It was a cert.

• ?

I am not part of the British nation, I am part of Europe, Italy. ((@. Misty))

If you wish to have proof, that spirits exist, ask a Psychic, Medium, Wizard, to allow you to attend their spiritualism meetings, you will see the spirits with your own eyes. The important thing is, to ask for True Psychics, because there are also false ones, with those, you will not be able to have the proof you are looking for. OK!

@. Misty: return to our school of religion, it is not within your reach to know about the spirits, I told you 100 times, how do you have to do to have proof, but you, you have a hard head, proof of Atheism?

• Dr. NG

I'm an American, but most of my ancestors are British so I hope you're not too upset over me answering.Seems odd though, in this era of the worldwide Internet you'd choose to limit information.

British folks or any others won't be able to give you what you ask as there are no credible (provable) examples of ghosts. Credible being a subjective term, many folks find personal anecdotes, even from children credible. Mainly because they want them very badly to be, avoiding Critical Thinking to find a way to believe. Irrational yes, but it happens all the time.

“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

Mark Twain

• ?

Of course they can't, there is no such thing.