Verulam 1 asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 2 months ago

NOW I am confused.   I thought with limitations (6 people of the same bubble) we could all celebrate?

Christmas together for a few days.   Now we are all, depending on the area, in one of three levels of restrictions (UK).  Or are we?   We live virtually on the border between Cornwall (level one), and N.Devon (level 2).   Will the police be waiting on the various border roads to stop people travelling between the 2 counties?  

Overall it's a darned good job we have no plans to mingle with friends, and family has pretty much all gone now.

Favorite Answer

Yes I think many of us are confused.  Earlier this week our Government looked into their Crystal Ball and announced that everyone in England would be able to celebrate 'Christmas' with their families!  Now somehow they've changed their minds and it's only people in Tiers 1 & 2 that can do that.

Mat Hancock should never had made that foolish statement earlier on, especially as surely he knew that Covid cases were rising in most of England.

• Dayton

All I can offer is my confusion.  The BBC are trying to decipher it all.

• gerald

As its a christian festival just say a prayer to your god almighty and you will be safe , 1665 we had just finished a massive disruption with a similar civil war when another black death  struck us and they prayed to god as they had about the same effect in stopping it and they hoped just like us , rub some dandelions on it cheers 

You're always confused, recommend a lobotomy 

It is back to three levels if in England. Your tier is determined by your postcode. I am not sorry things like office parties have gone by-the bye, and you obviously take a calculated risk with however many people you will mingle with, but it should still be possible to enjoy the event without endangering yourself and others. It will be different for me as I usually go longhaul to somewhere tinsel-free, so that is right off the agenda. The customary fortnight seems to have been condensed to five days, although in these days of furlough that is rather academic.

It doesn't take much to confuse you does it. 

Common sense, and being a responsible person should tell you to respect the stricter rules, as much as reasonably possible.

• JASON

Listen carefully to the rules, then make up your own mind. This is how the government make up their rules. I can imagine them all sat around the table, right next to each other, with no distancing or masks, saying what can we make them do next? Then all having a good laugh about it. 

The information is confusing because they say we can only meet outdoors in level 2, but are allowed to go to pubs that serve food, so does that mean you can meet a friend from a different household for Christmas Dinner in a pub?

The government needs to clarify the situation before lockdown ends on December 2nd.

• Tavy

I'm not confused, I too live on the Border of +Cornwall and Devon. Our  council tax will be issued by Cornwall council, so we are in tier one.

What police ?? They are hardly going to check cars on the Tamar Bridge, people are travelling between the two for work every day.