Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

How can I easily find love if I have Aspergers ?

I literally only have like 2 friends, but I still find it extremely difficult to maintain conversations and what not. I don’t know any other people on the spectrum either so finding someone on the spectrum isn’t going to be so easy either. 

• Strand

Think about how you met your friends. I am going to guess it involved a shared activity, like school or work. When you are working on a common goal, it's a lot easier to bond and you already have shared interests to talk about. Find a volunteer opportunity, club, sport, game, hobby, etc... where you can meet people your age. Even if you don't find a partner there, you can make more friends and expand your social circle. They may eventually introduce you to someone.

Love isn't something that's found easily regardless of having aspergers or anything else that we feel might make finding love complicated. I went through a lot before i found my fiance and it wasn't always an easy road. Sometimes it was easier being single and seeing what my friends went through in school with their boyfriends made me see that i was happy at that time to be single because i never had to answer to anyone, i got to do what i wanted to do when i wanted to do it, and i never had a relationship to take care of. It made life easier so try looking at it like that until you find someone you love who loves you back. Being in a relationship isn't a bad thing but neither is being single. Hope that helps and good luck.

Its possible, I myself don't know anybody who has Aspergers