Why does the military-diplomatic complex despise Trump so much?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

He would constantly undermine them. These people who speak for the US government don't just make it up as they go along. They carefully communicate what the US government has authorized them to communicate. And then here come loose cannon Trump telling the very same people "No, don't listen to what our our diplomats, our state department people, our generals tell you is the position of the USA, listen to me telling you that the opposite is the position of the USA. 

If Trump was TRYING to sabotage our foreign relations, I don't know what he would have done differently. 

• BB
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Probably because Trump is not a warmonger. No wars mean that the armchair generals don't get medals, ribbons and promotions that the REAL Soldiers fight and die for.

Many of our career diplomats pussy-foot around and do nothing but attend banquets and receptions while accomplishing nothing.  Trump expects actual results.

• 2 months ago

Of the thousands of vets I know over 90% support Trump.  That result is consistent with military history and conservative Presidents over the last 100 years.

GB

Major, Squadron Commander, 42nd Bomb Wing, 2nd Air Force, Strategic Air Command (SAC), US Air Force, 1960-74 

• 2 months ago

Because there is no money to be made in Peace. Remember, War is a racket. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Matt
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

because he is neither a good diplomat nor does he make sound military decisions 

• Juana
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

They don't like Commanders-in-Chief who are overconfident, corrupt idiots.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.