Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureRoyalty · 2 months ago

Do British people watch soccer on Thanksgiving instead of football?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Pete
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

The British don't celebrate thanksgiving, and the sport is called football in the UK not soccer. I don't know anyone who watches American football.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

they only celebrate on the isle of mann in the gentlemens clubs

• 2 months ago

Since Football is an American sport and Thanksgiving an American Holiday, I would assume that they do not celebrate :Thanksgiving" and since Soccer is a European Game that it is watched in Britian.

• 2 months ago

The Brittons never say thanks to anyone. They say "it was about time".

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Clo
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

This is not about Royalty but deals with cultural issues. Post in the correct category.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

British people are not interested in Thanksgiving, Labor Day, 4th of July. They are normal working days. Football can either be rugby or soccer depending on the context.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Because Soccer is the Only Real Football and what the Hell has Thanksgiving Rubbish have to do with the British

5 thumbs down is that because you don't know what Thanksgiving has to do with the British

k

• ?
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

We don’t celebrate thanksgiving and I’ve no idea when it is so I’ve no idea what we’d be watching on that day. If the real point of your question is to point out that your game of rugby with helmets, is proper football, then remember one important thing. We kick the ball it’s part of the game. You lot only kick it occasionally. The clue is in the words ‘foot’ and ‘ball’

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Thanksgiving is just another Thursday in the UK so they're going to work.

• Jamie
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No . Tottenham Hotspur still play football not soccer .

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.