Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 2 months ago

My puppy recently started drooling a lot?

My 8 month old puppy (we think he’s a pitbull boxer mix) has never really drooled a lot until recently. Over the past couple days he has been noticeably drooling a lot more and I can see it dripping off his face sometimes. I know that boxers drool a lot but I am confused why this developed so suddenly. Is this something to worry about?

ask your vet.......................

• ?

Then check the dogs mouth gums and teeth for damage, or swelling, and for foreign bodies lodged in the dogs mouth. If you find none then ask a vet to look into the problem further

• Maxi

Have you checked the dogs mouth, gums and teeth...if not that is the first thing to check to see if you can find anything and a visit to your vets is the second thing if you can't..... you have a mixed breed that could potentially drool anyway because of the 'design' of their face/snout

Check inside his mouth.   He may have something lodged in there - especially up in the roof of the mouth.   If you can't do that, see your vet.

(c/p)  The problem could be a fractured tooth or tumors inside the mouth, esophagus, and/or throat. Tartar buildup and irritation of the gums can also lead to drooling, as can an infection in the mouth. In addition, a foreign body can lead to slobbering.Apr 27, 2018

Is Your Dog's Drool Cool? When It's Natural and When You ...www.akc.org › Expert Advice › Health

https://www.google.com/search?client=avg&q=what+co...

Have you ever checked his teeth?  Sudden drooling at this age could be he's only now losing his back molars - they're the largest and the dog could be in pain.  If he's teething, make sure he's got plenty of teething toys to help.  Failing that, vet.

When my dog (under a year, as I recall) began drooling it was a dental problem.  As I recall a "baby tooth" was in place and an adult tooth was trying to grow.