Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

Is this nasty of my sister?!?

I have a younger sister by a year. She is almost 18 and I’m a 19 year old girl in college so I don’t get to be home often. I went into her room today to get something and I found some of her notes on her bed. It was a list of like 8 guys with their names crossed off and each one of their names and numbers under them and they were crossed off.

I recognized all of the guys names at least. Some of them were in my grade and had graduated with me. I know she talks to all of them. It kind of grossed me out and I had no idea of what it meant. I don’t want to ask her because that’s personal but I wonder why she has to do this stuff. We went to the same high school and there were rumors about her being a “hoe” which broke my heart. She is a pretty girl so I know she has options and guys that like her but so am I and I don’t do that type of stuff. I couldn’t even imagine liking more than 2 guys at the same time. 

We have an amazing dad who works and loves on us and gives us the best life possible. He always makes sure we both feel valued. 

I don’t understand. I’m worried about her, is this gross? And should I just mind my business? I kind of want to stay out of it but should I tell our mom?

• Raja

If she is misbehaving with the boys you can always say she is nasty . If she is treating them as friends just leave it aside. 

• Ana

Why don’t you TALK to her?! As her older sister, she NEEDS YOU! She NEEDS YOU to give her the harsh blunt advice that her loving parents won’t! You need to set her straight!!!

And yes you’re right to feel the way you do, but if you stay SILENT about it, then you aren’t doing her any good!!!

Stay out of it, some people only learn when they make their own mistakes. You telling her you snooped would only make things worse. She would never trust you again if she found out. Stay out if it, trust me.

• T J

You had no right to snoop and read anything in her room. Say nothing to her or Dad. Its not your business.

You have no idea what the list is about nor do you know for certain whether the rumors are true. It could just be guys she dated or was interested in, not guys she was physically involved with. And even if she was so what? It's none of your damn business. If you share this list with your mom be prepared for some serious (and completely deserved) backlash from your sister along with her not speaking to you.

If you are concerned for her, how about a conversation WITH her? Your sister is almost 18. I get that this sounds like 14 year old girls comparing fantasy notes but regardless of the reality of it, if you feel the need to talk to anyone about it... talk to her! 

Since you don't know the truth of it.... what would you possibly say to your Mom and Why would you say it?  Talk to your sister.. not as a judgement you don't really know anything about.. but, you know, like a sister. You're only a year apart in age and haven't always lived far from one another. This " I don't get home often" gig is VERY NEW. 

Keep your long nose out of her business. Unless you want to tell her all your business of course.