Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsAstronomy & Space · 2 months ago

We're probably alone in the universe right?

I've never seen a ufo or alien and sh*t.  If aliens exist, they would've helped us by now.  The only space launch has been Elon Musk with space x satellite launch.  I don't think Elon Musk believes in aliens either, just wants to make money with free internet.  

24 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

It is very likely that advanced aliens exist. There are many reasons why they are not here. They haven't found Earth yet. They are not interested in us. They want to observe us without interfering with us. They are to far away to come to earth. We don't have anything they want. 

• ?
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

not sure the nearest universe it 5 million light years away , a long way to travel isnt it ..

• Tom
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

There are SO many places for life to take hold we are most probably NOT alone.  There would be a LOT more civilizations  from the "Roman type" era and like our own 19th century than advanced ones with RADIO and Hight tech----And there would be Advanced civilizations who have mover BEYOND radio----We would detect NONE of them

• 2 months ago

Its a really constraining thought process when you start making statements like "if aliens exist they would of helped us by now."  Maybe they can't help. Maybe they don't care. Maybe they're like us and can't travel the vast distance between us. Maybe any alien force we came across would be purely hostile. Maybe they have something like Star Trek's Prime Directive and aren't able to interfere with Earth's affairs.

My point is no one can ever say for certain if we are alone. That isn't something that can ever be proven. You can only prove they are out there by finding one. Anything else is a theory and will always be one. 

Personally, I believe in an ever expanding infinite universe. In an infinite universe I believe multiple species of intelligent life are not only possible but also probable. 

This series might be interesting to you. It helps break down the math of discovering E.T. life.....      https://www.khanacademy.org/science/cosmology-and-...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Well ,let's be honest , any advanced intelligent aliens would avoid mankind .

• 2 months ago

The Universe is a very big place and the chances of being alone diminish the more possible sites for life one considers.  UFOs are never going to have any connection with alien life but are probably just secret military aircraft, if there are any at all which aren't just misidentifications of ordinary objects such as Venus.  They're not relevant to the question of everyday life.  

• 2 months ago

The probability suggest otherwise, ""IF"" any such intelligent life exist elsewhere, it is so far away, we will never know of its existence, nor them of our existence.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You clearly need to learn more about the universe.  With at least 100 billion galaxies, and supposing an average of 100 billion stars, that's at least 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars in the universe that have the potential to have planets around them.  If even a fraction of a percent of those planets are suitable for life, that could be millions or billions of planets in the universe that could potentially have intelligent civilizations.  Statistically it's almost guaranteed that there is not only life but intelligent life elsewhere in the universe.  And considering the unimaginably vast distances between stars and galaxies, even if an alien civilization could travel near the speed of light, they would have to know we're here in order to find us.  Human civilization has only been transmitting radio signals for little more than a century, so the radio bubble around Earth is only a little more than 100 light years in radius.  That's tiny compared to the size of this galaxy alone, let alone the rest of the universe.  Statistically it's unlikely that a highly advanced civilization would even be in this galaxy, or find us if they were.  So no, we're probably not alone in the universe, but so far we're alone in our little pocket of it.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Aliens exist, and we are very lucky that they 

have not wiped this planet clean and gotten rid of us. 

They will never care if you see them or not, and it is less 

than doubtful that they give 1-flying sh*t about your 

thoughts concerning Elon Musk. 

Good question, but it is too bad that you portray yourself 

as such a worthless and shallow individual. 

• Blearg
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

We don't know. Long story short, space is huge and we only know some things about it so far. My suggestion is to read up on the Fermi Paradox and the common explanations for it. Some of them are prrtty convincing, and multiple hypotheses being true would make it even more reasonable. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermi_paradox   

The rise of life on other planets may be unlikely, the rise of intelligent life may be rare, the lifespan of a technologically advanced civilization may be short, the communication methods may be mutually unintelligible, the distances between us may make communication or travel impossible etc etc. 

Personally, I think other life out there is possible. I hope we learn of it someday. Until then, hopefully we can get ourselves together as a species so that the only habitable planet we know of remains habitable for us. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.