Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

Would you prefer to have your guilt or innocence determined by a judge or jury?  ?

When a person charged with a crime is innocent they opt for a judge (no jury) hearing. They want that determination of guilt or innocence made based on facts where they should prevail. When they are guilty they opt for a jury of people less educated, less accustomed to making completely objective decisions, and far more influenced by emotions and sympathy. They then need a good attorney who can put on a show to capitalize on that and deliver a defense based on emotion and sympathy and not facts.

Unless Anonymous is trying to get convicted they are rather confused. If you did it and you are trying to get off you are much better choosing a jury. It's a lot easier to get 1 of 12 people to say you didn't do it then convince a Judge who actually knows the law. 

It depends.  If your defense is that the law such as unreasonable search or miranda, wasn't followed, choose a judge.  If you are guilty of wrongdoing but think you can get a sympathetic jury that might understand, then jury.

Depends on the case, with a Judge you only need to convince one person with a jury you need to convince 12 people

Jury all of the time.

My attorney screwed me on a plea bargain by NOT telling me what privileges I could lose.