Those who directly contradict God as concerning the various matters of Faith and doctrine cannot be imbued by the Holy Spirit. True/false?

Presupposing that you abide in the Holy Spirit then you would never contradict God as concerning the various matters of faith and doctrine.

Assuming that you abide in the Holy Spirit then your own viewpoint must concur with God's viewpoint, and your interpretation of Biblical doctrine must also concur with God's knowledge of the Bible; otherwise, you don't have the Holy Spirit at all.

True or false?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

It is more N/A than either true or false. Nobody can directly contradict God, because God does not speak directly to us. All we have is scripture that people have to do their best to interpret. What "God's knowledge of the Bible" is (assuming God even exists) is unknown. You can insist that it is the same as your interpretation if you like, but others are perfectly at liberty to disagree.

• James
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The flaw in that logic is that “god” has never made his views known on any religion. It is mortals, mostly if not entirely men, who wrote the texts that people hold sacred. As the Bible says, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of god.

• 2 months ago

That would exclude everyone. 

• 2 months ago

Yes which is why many Trump conservatives won't go to heaven, for judging others and having no compassion.  "On that day many will call out Lord, Lord! And I will say I never knew you."

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

There are no gods and I am at peace

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.