Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 2 months ago

Since WW2, UK debts have never been bigger. Does bumbling boris and conservatives understand without taxation, it can never be repaid or ?

do they have a big surprise for the elderly

• ?

Money does not grow on trees!   It comes out of a big machine owned by the Bank of England.  Since we wisely did not join the Euro (I wonder how many remainers were also supporters of THAT shambles?) - we have not had to give the big machine to the Europeans.   And we can print lots of money whenever we want.  With a picture of the Queen on it.    Remember good old Harold Wilson?  What did he say,  'The Pound in Your Pocket'.  That was it.  And he never said a truer word.

• ?

The one 'good ' thing about the current situation is the country (UK) was actually in funds, having gone through years of austerity to build up the deficit left by Labour.   Too bad that Covid 19 and all the support needed, has now pretty much wiped out any recovery made.

I have a horrible feeling 'the elderly' may be about to be hit via Council Tax increases.  Something I haven't the faintest idea how we personally will be able to swallow.   Any savings we had had to prop up Council Tax payments, have almost gone (c/o no interest worth speaking about).

Hey ho.   There are only 2 things that can't be avoided - taxation and death and I'm starting to hope the latter comes first.

ps   It can't be blamed on bumbling Boris - blame CHINA.

Ignorant! They are well aware that taxation will have to be increased; the thinking is that it will be in 2 - 3 years time. MANY countries are in the same financial situation, due to the Covid situation.