Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

How do i deal with a guy whos at work and we have chemistry but he has a gf and he only recently told me so?

At first fo months i though he was gonna ask me out. Then one day i asked if he has a gf cuz of a little comment he made randomly. He said yes and that hes in love and theyre together 4 years. Wtff?

Now i was heartbroken but we still have chemistry.

I dont wanna cheat. Im just asking how to interact

Favorite Answer

Listen, I've been there. Do NOT be friendly with this guy because if you're friendly or flirty, you're giving him exactly what he wants. He wants to have his cake and eat it too which is exactly why he told you he had a girlfriend only after letting so much time pass by first. Stay busy, focus on you, and let him have his relationship without any interference with you. Imagine if you were his girlfriend, put yourself in her shoes. You wouldn't want some girl to be all friendly with your guy! So don't do it. That is one slippery slope.

• Helen

If he acts this way while in a relationship, he would do the same to you.

Interact the same way you would with your other colleagues and keep it professional.