Poll: Have you ever walked out on a job?

Have you ever gotten so angry and/or frustrated with a job you were working that you just dropped what you were doing, walked out and never returned?

Yes, feel bad now though as the person I was operating on deserved better. 

• ?

I have and unless if its a job that you truly can't handle it or you aren't making enough money then its not worth it to walk out. Sometimes that's the answer especially if its not enough to provide for you but in order to avoid that try just getting a job that you won't have to eventually walk out. So that way you don't burn any unnecessary bridges.

No I never have. I have had 3 jobs in my lifetime and all where great and I would never walk out on one even if I felt like I would want to do so, I would seek other means of working it out or legal action if needed. Never walk out.

• F

Not on the spur of the moment, but I’d already worked about double my contracted hours ( unpaid overtime), when my boss phones on Sunday in the middle of my son’s birthday (age 3) , and demands I come in to work ( 80 miles away).

I tell him no, and hand in my notice first thing on Monday.

never walked out from anger ever 

No, I've never done that, I am pretty resilient. 

If I don't like the treatment of the place, I just explain my resignation and understand I'm in the wrong job. 

• SW-6

The closest I came to walking out of a job was one I gave proper notice that I was leaving, but left before the date I said would be my last day.  The working environment just gets worse when they know you are leaving so I just left.

Only when those around me bursted into flames.

• ?

Yes because I did not see eye to eye with the boss ya might say.

• Twice,  plant nursey loading trailers, over worked under paid and didn't get along with most co workers, allot of jealousy.

Brick factory 6 months of hard work, I got feed up with co workers quiting putting extra work loads onto me, they gave me no pay increase so I walked.