Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 2 months ago

Are you planning to abide by the coronavirus restrictions this Christmas?

My family and I have no intention of doing so. My parents and children live in a Tier 3 area, while my wife and I live in a Tier 2. These restrictions are a mess and illogical and we have no intention of letting them keep us separated over Christmas. Besides, scientists and government officials keep breaking the restrictions, not just in the UK but elsewhere, so why should the rest of us take any notice of them? It seems that they're just for the peasants. 

I have to do this for myself and my family.

• Buzz

Yes, I’m not a selfish jerk. 

That is another inconvenient truth. By keep social distance, you have less chance to be infected. Please follow the restriction that is for you and your family goodness. In Chinese proverb, "unkind is kind" is referring to similar situation.

I rely largely on my own judgment, informed by such facts and regulations I can inform myself with.

Which means I will probably be in compliance, mostly, though I will not be thinking about the Governor very much.

we will no doubt see  hundreds of thousands of cases after Christmas and hundred thousand deaths .

lets see .

where is this lockdown anyway and i have never seen so many people about and the traffic is normal and school runs  mean it is impossible to have lockdown's?  

The coronavirus does not know that it is Christmas.  I think you are fools who are endangering yourselves and others.  Please try not to have contact with the rest of us.

If everybody plays fast and loose with the rules, rising cases and Lockdown 3 is a certainty.

• Dayton

Well good for you, but your actions may turn out to kill someone in your family.  Something tells me that those ill-equipped to process the importance of COVID restrictions will also be poorly equipped to deal with a relative dying of COVID, especially if it becomes apparent that their actions helped cause this - but good luck to you.

There are no restrictions where i live.

What's your KNOWLEDGE seeking question about a current event? Questions about the respondents are chat violations.

Remember, members of your family could very well be infected and infectious even though they show no symptoms.  That's one of the worst aspects of the COVID19 virus, carriers of the infection may not know they are actually carriers.  So they infect everyone they come into extended and unprotected contact with and the virus spreads from there.

So, go ahead and risk infecting or being infected by your family members.  And remember the parents and grandparents are the ones who are most likely to die from the Coronavirus.

BTW:  Sure some people are breaking their on rules.  But that's rare and that's why you hear about it...because it is rare.  The overwhelming vast majority of the MDs, RNs, and first responders are following those rules and wish people like you would.  Because when you don't, you end up on their gurney in hospitals or the morgue..