Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 2 months ago

Concise note or heartfelt letter?

Which should I send if either would work in my situation (not romance)? Which would you rather receive?

A concise note.   I have a busy life.

If it's a heartfelt letter, it's best to write it with your own hand, rather than just print it off.

Written words are inadequate. The person cannot HEAR your tone of voice, or SEE your facial expression, or READ your body language.

If a communication has any sort of emotional context, and you want the person to take it the way YOU mean it/feel it ... do it face-to-face, in person.

If that is not possible, call them on the phone and talk with them .. but don't expect it to turn out as you wish.

Written words only express 10% of what you mean..  Bad way to try to communicate on anything except business meetings.