Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

Any suggestions on how to find out my girlfriend's ring size without her realizing I plan to propose?

Usually a woman lets you know her ring size in someway once or twice a week if not more by the 3rd date. Most likely Your not paying attention.  However, the next time you are alone in her apartment if your not living together, or home alone, grab an old ring from her jewelry box, that you have seen her ware, recently, like in the last month.  then take it to the jeweler and he can size up the ring for you.   

• Trish

A person's ring size is normally the same as their shoe size.

MMA rings are much more varied in size. The 750 square foot Octagon UFC measures 9m (30 feet) across, and 1,85m (6 feet) high,

Looks like the ring size varies these days, but after she beats the life out of you in the ring of marriage I can assure you the divorce rapes always end the same with the man screwed.

• Jane

She will enjoy choosing her own ring! So get on the knee, give her a massive bunch of flowers, propose and take her straight to the jewellers, it will be such an important thing to do together. Make sure you know your budget beforehand and that she gets this- may not sound romantic but no point getting silly about it lol

• Rick

Congratulations on your plan to propose to her.  I took a ring my wife (then girlfriend) wore on the ring finger of her right hand to the jeweler for him to size the ring I was going to give her.  It worked and I'm sure it will for you too.

• ?

You can buy a ring finger measuring tool online to do just that.There is a ring set you can buy.You get her to try each size until she gets the right size.Then you can go shopping to buy her an engagement ring.Thats the best option.

If she wears other rings, you can use it as a reference. Otherwise, find a way to inspect her hands quickly, telling her something about how beautiful they look. Then based on the finger size, go for an estimated size. Rather too big than too small.

get a life.     

Not a chance, dummy.  If you start trying to find out, she'll find out you're trying to find out.  Never, never ever, think you have what it takes to out-subtle a woman.  Those things are subtle on levels we (I'm a guy too) can't even imagine.

We're guys, which means our idea of subtle body language is when we punch each other in the face.  Girls speak in a secret language that most of us don't even know exists.  There is no possible way for a guy to out-subtle a woman.

Here's what you do:  You buy the ring, then you open the ring-box in front of her and ask her if it's really your baby.  Or use whatever wording you think is appropriate, it's up to you.  THEN you find out her ring size, and have the ring re-sized to fit her finger.

But seriously, make sure it's really your baby first.

ask her mom or if she has rings in her bedroom snatch one and take it to a jeweler and find out what size! Edit: as a young married woman, my now husband asked me if I ever propose what size ring do you take, and do you want to pick out the ring! I told him the size and I told him, I want him to pick the ring, as it is more special it cam from him, and shows his style. Never needed resized, and it is a 3.5 Karat pear shaped stone, with diamonds all down the side, for both the band and engagement ring, it is gorgeous!