Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 2 months ago

Can I sue a cafe ?

I ordered a latte and it was hotter than I expected and than I ever ordered before and it even stayed hot for the next 30 minutes. I tried to drink it as I was in rush and caused burned in my lips my tongue and my throat. I can I sue them ?

21 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

This reminds me of when Kramer sued the coffee shop cause he spilled hot coffee of himself.

• garry
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

why because the coffee is hot , lol .people with a brain know it is hot ..ohh it burnt myself because it tried to drink hot coffee ..lol ...

• 2 months ago

Sue them for what? Your stupidity in trying to drink something that was too hot? Did you even TRY to get ice to cool your drink--or ask for one that was not so hot? Or did you simply think that trolling this forum would help you win a court case?

• 2 months ago

yes i guess you can sue a cafe but you reason is stupid AF

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

If it was scalding hot, you may be able to sue them. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liebeck_v._McDonald%...

Source(s): McDonald's Hot Coffee Lawsuit https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liebeck_v._McDonald%...
  • 2 months ago

Nope. You knew it was hot, so drinking it that hot was on you. More than likely there was a warning on the cup,if the cup was disposable, so they have their a$$ covered. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Sue them for what? You can't sue someone because you are stupid.

• 2 months ago

If it caused you harm, then yes. I have heard of such law suits in the US.

Then again, there was no accident. You willingly raised the cup to your lips, not a spill.

As poster below me speakers about.

Source(s): But you need to speak with a lawyer. Not people on y/a.
  • kswck2
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Of course you can. Remember the old lady that sued McDonald's for her coffee being to hot when she spilled it all over her crotch? She won. 

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You can sue for anything. 

How are you going to prove that it was way too hot. 

There’s a disclaimer that says the coffee is hot so you need to be careful. You were in a rush so you could have dipped the coffee before you had a chance to let it cool down. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.