Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 2 months ago

Can I sue a cafe ?

I ordered a latte and it was hotter than I expected and than I ever ordered before and it even stayed hot for the next 30 minutes. I tried to drink it as I was in rush and caused burned in my lips my tongue and my throat. I can I sue them ?

This reminds me of when Kramer sued the coffee shop cause he spilled hot coffee of himself.

• garry

why because the coffee is hot , lol .people with a brain know it is hot ..ohh it burnt myself because it tried to drink hot coffee ..lol ...

Sue them for what? Your stupidity in trying to drink something that was too hot? Did you even TRY to get ice to cool your drink--or ask for one that was not so hot? Or did you simply think that trolling this forum would help you win a court case?

yes i guess you can sue a cafe but you reason is stupid AF

If it was scalding hot, you may be able to sue them. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liebeck_v._McDonald%...

Source(s): McDonald's Hot Coffee Lawsuit https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liebeck_v._McDonald%...

Nope. You knew it was hot, so drinking it that hot was on you. More than likely there was a warning on the cup,if the cup was disposable, so they have their a$$ covered. 

Sue them for what? You can't sue someone because you are stupid.

If it caused you harm, then yes. I have heard of such law suits in the US.

Then again, there was no accident. You willingly raised the cup to your lips, not a spill.

As poster below me speakers about.

Source(s): But you need to speak with a lawyer. Not people on y/a.
  • kswck2

Of course you can. Remember the old lady that sued McDonald's for her coffee being to hot when she spilled it all over her crotch? She won. 

• ?

You can sue for anything. 

How are you going to prove that it was way too hot. 

There’s a disclaimer that says the coffee is hot so you need to be careful. You were in a rush so you could have dipped the coffee before you had a chance to let it cool down.