Is it weird that I’m always excited to come to work? ?

I work at a restaurant as a Cashier. I know that not many people enjoy their work so are my coworkers. They always come to work looking tired and wanting to clock out soon. I’ve started working since last month and don’t get wrong, I’ve had multiple jobs before. I’m just not sure why I’m always excited to come to work like am I doing something wrong, here? I get praise for my hard work and getting paid like anyone else. However, I just don’t get it LOL am I overthinking or what. 

No, it’s not “weird”.   You have discovered one of the secrets to success:  Work at a job that you enjoy.  

• ?

Not really because you actually like your job. When you like doing something you're not gonna dread it.

• ?

That's really terrific.  I manage people at work, and the ones who are happy to do the work that I give them are really a joy--and in a downturn, if there are layoffs, I'll be fighting to keep the happy ones.

So your attitude is somewhat rare, but it will serve you well, and your boss surely loves it. 

• Jane

Getting paid to do something you love is everyone's dream! Just enjoy., don't get doubts or question this feeling. Don't let others get you down, don't overthink it.

Your energy and commitment will make you the kind of employee any business would want. 

If you are bored at home and enjoy the work, then sure - work can be fun (at least more fun that not working). Consider yourself lucky.

It means you do not get out enough.

• You're not doing any thing wrong. Some people actually do like their jobs. I feel the same way about my job and I've been there for over 5 years, I enjoy doing my job. I actually get bored on weekends (my workplace doesn't work on weekends) and I can't wait to get to work on Monday. 

I don't see my self as a slave and my workplace doesn't treat me like one either. 

• 28AKO

no. You enjoy your job right now, that's all

It's your coworkers that are brainwashed into believing work is drudgery and they will never amount to anything - it's a self-fulfilling prophecy. 

Your attitude will take you to high places! 

You're just brainwashed.  You're literally a slave on a modern day plantation and you're excited about it. Straight up brainwashing.