Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesMazda · 3 months ago

Defroster and feet heater not working for 2006 mazda 6s.?

Hi I have a 2006 mazda 6s and when I tried to put on my defroster on and switched the nob yo the defroster icon it didn't flow any air. In addition I tried to see if the feet heater was working and it wasn't either. It was only blowing through the main vents. Does anyone have and idea what this is or how I could fix it? I'm a poor college student so if its a easy fix then I'd like to save some money. Thanks everyone!

• Rick

there are a series of little 'doors' inside the ventilation system that open and close to direct the air flow where YOU want it.  These 'doors' are powered either be engine vacuum OR electricity.  First thing to do is make sure which ever power source is connected correctly ....  When YOU have done that, that's probably as far as you can go, take car to a repair shop for the rest ............

If the center vents have heat and the blower motor is working you likely have a bad actuator for the air flow adjustment. Do a search on youtube for replacing that actuator. If you don't have heat coming out any of the air positions immediately remove the radiator cap and check the coolant level.