? asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesToyota · 2 months ago

How can I tell if my horn area on my steering wheel of my Toyota Auris is plastic or leather ?

Because it looks like leather but when you tap it , it feels/taps like plastic lol.

The steering wheel itself is definitely leather, I know that, it's a known fact lol

he steering wheel itself is definitely leather, I know that, it's a known fact lol. ... can I tell if my horn area on my steering wheel of my Toyota Auris is plastic 

It is a Toyota- so it is plastic!

It takes some serious money to get a car with real leather anything. Most of what appears to be leather is actually a synthetic material (a form of plastic).

That is not leather. The airbag needs to burst through it and leather won't allow that.

Fingernail tapping.  Steering wheel is vinyl  You can get a leather steering wheel cover that is leather and right away you see what real cowhide leather looks like.

Vinyl is a known fact.  Ever since they got a way from the wooden wheel.