Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 2 months ago

I'm going to be staying in the US, does everyone own a gun there?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Yes, Most do, but not all.

• Marvin
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You can go for a year and never see a gun. They are far less common than on TV.

Guns are common in most Western countries (Canada, Mexico, Australia, the UK, etc).

• Willie
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

90% of the people have guns and half of them are registered, so be careful who you make mad here in the USA.

• 2 months ago

The vast majority of Americans never own any gun, not even for hunting. Most gun violence is perpetrated by gang violence, drug dealing & drug users, or domestic violence. Stay out of gang territories & avoid drugs & their dealers.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

No, and you need to not believe the hype about firearms in the USA.  It is likely the only occasions where you will see a firearm in real life will be when it is carried by a police officer.

Also realize that nearly all of the murders & illegal shootings in the USA each year involve people who know each other and are having a dispute. The number one reason for the disputes is illegal drug trafficking and number two is domestic violence. 

• 2 months ago

if you don't know you don't need to know

• 2 months ago

No, only about half the population

• 2 months ago

MOST people in The USA do not own a gun.  

Source(s): life
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Not everyone, but it kind of depends on where in the US you're going and what kind of situation you're staying in. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I don't think so.  I am only aware of two. One collects guns as a hobby and the other only kills rattlesnakes with it. Ten years ago, they asked in the national census if households owned guns, but this time they didn't even ask.  Biden made a video urging people to buy shotguns only, not assault rifles.

Source(s): Biden Shotgun Video: Vice President Offers Self-Defense Advice | The New York Times
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.