Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

Will the Supreme Court take up a case with Trump and the election?

I hope not.  Why should the Supreme Court decide?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

No. The ONLY time the Supreme Court decides an election is when NO candidate has 270 electoral college votes or more. Biden has 306 projected electoral college votes, the same amount Trump had in 2016. Trump LOST Arizona and Maricopa County. Arizona flipped. 

This election is NOT going to the Supreme Court. 

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No, the Supreme Court will not hear a case unless there has been a ruling. Every case has been dismissed so no ruling. And the last ruling by yje Federal Appeals Court was unanimous,  all three judges said the lawsuit was without merit. And all 3 judges were Republican appointed (2 by Bush and 1 by Trump)

• 2 months ago

Trump has at least 3 votes already on the court automatically to hand him the election.  Barrett, Thomas, Alito......basically the 3 theocrats.....  the question is which other 2 can find some legal sounding half baked illogical reason to do it.

• 2 months ago

It all depends what issue the Trump team puts to the court, if any. SCOTUS doesn't do anything until that happens.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Since they weighed in on PA early telling them to put aside the mail in ballots received after the polls closed, it seems as if they will be taking up the case.  We all know there is plentiful fraud.  Telling the truth about it should only result in fixing what is wrong hopefully.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I can't imagine they'll touch the fraud nonsense. The new Trump appointees are strict Constitutionalists, and see the state legislatures as each empowered to run their own elections. They could touch Pennsylvania Supreme Court to whether the Pennsylvania State Constitution has absentee ballot restrictions that the legislature and courts misinterpreted. I very highly doubt they will touch the final election outcome and risk pandemonium in the country.

The history of SCOTUS is to maintain their integrity. They have no enforcement power. They make their decisions generally as nudges agreeable to the nation as a whole.

They could just decide to let Pennsylvania Supreme Court stand. No need to muck up the works any more than Trump is already doing. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Probably not because there hands are tied without any clear evidence of vote. They may decide not to even hear the case.

• Matt
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Team Trump have failed to provide a shred of evidence. They’ve been laughed out of court 30+ times. The Supreme Court won’t be taking the case. I don’t imagine they want to be associated with this clown show

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Trump has to find some evidence that voter fraud costed him the election first. 

• 2 months ago

Highly doubtful.  They aren't just losing cases, the cases are getting tossed, so many of them can't even be appealed.  His appeal in PA just got shot down, by a judge he appointed.  I keep seeing trumpeters claim his cases are getting shot down by lefty judges, they are wrong.  They are getting shot down by judged who understand the need for actual evidence.  Crazy, eh? 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.