Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 2 months ago

An anonymous person gave me what looks like a huge chunk of pumpkin. Didn't know anyone ate it like that. Do they? Cooked of course, right?

At first I thought it was a cantaloupe, but the shape of the skin gives it away, plus it's Thanksgiving leftovers I presume. Never saw a chunk of pumpkin cut up like that in my life. It's usually used to make something else, like pie? No? Not eaten straight.  They left it wrapped in foil with some other sides, on my front porch. I can't ask them cause I don't know who it is. Lucky the cats all around here hadn't gotten to it first. They must have left it within hours of my finding it or it would have been trashed by cats.   

• ?

Eating leftovers from an anonymous person could be risky.  I would dispose of it.    

The elephant in our zoo loves them raw, but I would not recommend eating anything anonymously left at your door, cooked or raw. 

• ?

Take out the seeds if there are any, then wrap it in foil and roast it in the oven at a low heat (300 degrees) for 2-3 hours.  Watch to see that it doesn't burn. You can then scrape out the pulp and mix it with some brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, a little condensed milk (Eagle Brand) and a little maple syrup. Cook it again until it looks like a custard.  It should be delicious.

• kswck2

A photo would have been helpful, but failing that just roast it in the oven with a bit of maple syrup over the top.