How can I gain citizenship to Ireland?

Both of my parents have grandparents born in Ireland so I know they can gain citizenship automatically. 6 of my grandparents were born in Ireland so I know I can’t qualify like they do. I’ve always wanted to either get my masters degree from a college overseas that would be accepted in America or to live abroad for a couple of years in either Ireland or Iceland which I would be able to do because of the EU.

• Maxi

Citizenship is based on YOUR grandparents, not great grandparents which are too far removed for you to qualify......nothing stops you applying to attend University in another country, however regardless of your citizenship you would pay international fees, as 'home' fees are not based on citizenship they are based on legally living in the country for 3 yrs prior to applying, which you haven't, so even if you were Irish you have not lived in Ireland so would be applying internationally

IF your parents want Irish citizenship, they appear from this to qualify. They will need proper proofs of their grandparents' Irish citizenship. You do not. If they get Irish citizenship while you are a minor child, and they live in Ireland, they can probably arrange your immigration. Otherwise, you are SOL. If you want to go to university abroad, and you (& your parents) have sufficient funds for all school + living expenses + return transportation to US, then apply for a student visa after a school accepts you.

Which part of Ireland North or South? The North has left the EU.