Is being a real estate agent easy or hard?

I want too become a real estate agent (I was playing basketball and wanted to go to the NBA but it didn’t work out), whatever I do in life I want to have generational wealth and be a millionaire. I’m in college and getting my license in Arizona first then I’m gonna get it in California. I want too be touch about 10 million by time I’m 25 I’m 22 now but I want to get a fundamental idea of real estate I’ve already started reading “The Altman close” by Josh Altman.

Favorite Answer

It takes a lot more than hard work.  Like basketball, it takes skill and if you don't have it, you will never be able to reach the big time no matter how hard you work.  The most successful Realtor's I know would never say it is easy.

Negotiating and closing a real estate deal is a great asset to have, but your success will be far more dependent upon your ability to market yourself (far more than real estate you will be selling) because as a realtor you don't have a product to sell until you can sell yourself first making it twice as hard to succeed than other sales jobs.

The good news is that you will be able to determine whether or not you have what it takes to succeed within your first year in the business (after licensing). Be proactive and find a real estate mentor who can guide you in the business.  Good Luck.

You need to set more realistic goals. It will be virtually impossible to earn $10,000,000 within 3 years. 

• Maxi

Dreams are great but all have to have some reality......and yours have none at all

You want to have 10 million when you are 25 and you are 22 now? So, you think you can make 10 million in 3 years with virtually no knowledge or experience. 

Look, don't try to make 10 million in 3 years, don't worry about making anything in 3 years. Just do a good job today, learning about whatever you want and get out there and get your license. Then try to find clients every day and represent them well. Don't try to compete with anyone else - they aren't in your shoes and you aren't in yours - its meaningless trying to compare yourself to others (and saying I want 10 million is 3 years is sorta doing that). Just do a good job yourself and dont worry that much about the success and money and it will come, if you deserve it.

In answer to your question, its easy for some and very hard for others, it just depends on your personality (but with ridiculously unrealistic expectations you will probably fail at it, or anything elsem, regardless)

The real estate industry is one of the most uncertain agencies that people can be employed in. Real Estate Title companies are not allowed to solicit business with realtors if I remember correctly. And so called know it all not people whom write books are not the basis that you should use for your own financial security. May I suggest that you consider working for a stable bank or mortgage company. TRUST ME. YOU perhaps don't have a good chance of being a millionaire in real estate, YOU should perhaps be content for at least stable employment for now,.

Baby steps. Start with a minimum wage job.

If you're looking to make millions it definitely isn't going to come 'easy'. Nothing in life that is easy yields massive pay. Real estate is no different. You will go to school, get the license and start at the bottom somewhere.