Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsCancer · 2 months ago

I jury, would you vote to find somebody non-guilty if they stole your credit cards and used it to pay for cancer treatments for their child?

I didn’t proofread my question well enough. I apologize.  The question should say:  If you were on a jury, would you vote to acquit somebody if they stole somebody’s credit cards and used to pay for cancer treatments for their child?

No I don’t think so I would help as if the person who has done that is the real macoy reverse the situation and take a step back,easy hey 

• ?

I would hope they pay for a natural treatment and no holocaust chemo.

I wouldnt mind as much but theyd have to pay me back still

The fact that a crime was committed is the primary concern of the trial. Conviction should be based on the crime, not the reasoning behind it. I would hope though, that the judge would take the reason into consideration  upon sentencing. 

If a person felt it was not a crime, then why would they plead not guilty and take the case to trial?

• LAN

This is a question about law, not about cancer.  Need is never an excuse to break the law.   Especially since there is plenty of assistance available for people that need help paying for medical expences.

No, I don't go to work for someone else's kid.  That's might sound harsh but that's how it is. I work to provide for my kids not yours. 

• fuzzy

If I had a credit card with that kind of limit I wouldn't need to sit on a jury

• Kieth

You can't sit on the jury if you are the victim, and yes, I would convict someone who committed theft and fraud regardless of their motivation.