Tattoo scab split open ?

I believe I had cracking near my armpit area due to how dry my tattoo was in my sleep and I think it split open when I stretched my arm outwards. There is a split still minimal scabbing no pus coming out but there is a very light amount of clearish yellow crust on it when I wake up. I don’t think it’s infected because I don’t feel or see most of the symptoms but what do you think? And how do you think I should treat it?

I bet that hurt!!! Go back to the tattoo parlor and have them look at it!! It may need to be touched up! Good luck, plus never let it dry out!! ALWAYS follow the instructions, even if you need to set an alarm clock to wake up and make sure it is moist! 

• Laura

The scab formed because you should wash the tattoo more often and apply ointment or aquaphor.  

I agree that this does not look infected, but to treat it you should do what you should have been doing in the first place.  Wash the tattoo every 4 hours, then apply a layer of aquaphor or ointment.  Wash right before bed and right when you get up, you don't need to wash it in the middle of the night.  It will heal, but because this is a new split in the skin you might need that area touched up.  

Letting it dry out was the first problem.  There is nothing you can do. The ink is gone. It may very well be infected. Yellow crusty stuff,  could be a sign of infection. I would take a trip back to the Tattoo Parlor and see if they can fix it up.