Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 2 months ago

is my vagina normal?

i’m aware this is a very common question and that the answer is typically “there is no normal vagina!” but the appearance of mine has caused me a lot of worry for a while.

everything on my vagina looks normal to me except for the area around my clitoris. i have never seen a vagina with a clitoris even remotely similar to mine.in order to see my clitoris and the clitoral hood, you need to push apart my labia minora, which for some reason covers my entire clitoris. that skin being there makes me have to clean more than i imagine someone without that skin would have to. is this normal?

I think, you need to show your vagina to your boyfriend and ask him.

Vagina is internal, seems as if you are referring to your vulva. I suppose as long as it doesn't like like roast beef, it is ok.

Go see a doctor as long as your not hurting your okay, maybe you never had sex before? I am not being rude, just trying to help

• ?

Being unique is perfectly normal.  You can always ask your gynecologist if everything appears normal or if there seems to be any abnormalities.  If the doctor says something appears misshapen, you can discuss whether or not you should do a surgical correction or just leave it as-is.

You'd have to send a picture for me to tell for sure.

• ?

i was hoping for a photo

in many many cases the labia cover the clitoris. and that is not your vagina--your vagina is inside.  That is the vulvar area, and the labia minora are all kinds of sizes-really there is not one size is everyone on this.

Source(s): PA-do a lot of pelvics

Yes. It's not true that there is no normal vagina. There are abnormal ones, such as we find in hermaphrodites or in disease processes, but individual variations (such as in the size of the clitoris or the fleshiness of labia) are all normal. Google p*ssy online with the safe filter off to see a lot of them - that should settle the issue.

I would have to examine it very closely before giving a diagnosis.