Is it true that domestic violence against men, rarely make the news?

The news always make it look like women are the primary victims of domestic violence, whether it's in America, the west or developing countries. 

• Lisa

True and worse than that feminism has glorified it

That is probably because men caught in such situations rarely report it, let alone go public. Due to shame issues centering around masculinity and being a 'real' man. 

It's expected, sadly, that women will get beat up or even killed by a domestic partner. It's not expected or accepted that men also get hurt and even beat up or in some cases, killed, by a domestic partner. It doesn't happen at the rate male on female domestic violence does, but it does happen and it does need to be addressed and dealt with so more men feel comfortable getting the help they need. 

That would mean overhauling how we view men in society. Ready to do that? Ready now? Remember that Gillette commercial about toxic masculinity? And the backlash? Yeah. That's why we don't hear about domestic violence against men. Men have to be strong and in charge and an alpha and...

Or else they are not a real man. Isn't that how that goes? 

Yes. I am afraid so.

• garry

it never hits the news yet alone courts , domestic violence on women sells ..

**** off it never happened unless it’s the gays

Yeah. I had to go to a domestic violence class or risk a criminal conviction and 18 mos. probation after I got falsely arrested by my ex-wife over 10 years ago for allegedly trying to hurt her when in fact I was going after her boyfriend (whom she moved into the house while we were still married). And I didn’t even really hurt him just put him in a headlock briefly. But since he was on probation for domestic violence she had to lie and tell the cops that I was trying to go after her instead of him so he wouldn’t run the risk of going back to jail.

And she happened to work for the same court that I ended up having to go to after I was arrested so obviously I didn’t have much of a chance there. And she also dragged  me through numerous divorce and custody hearings in the same court which, again, she worked for. So I never had a chance in those proceedings either.

Yeah, so she and her boyfriend called the cops on me just to get me arrested because she wanted to get me out of the house anyway  because she had just gotten the no-fault divorce from me and wanted to get me out of the house as quickly as possible. So it was a total set up. 

She and the boyfriend were also psychologically and borderline physically abusing our young son, but nobody... neither cops nor courts nor so-called child protective services listened to me nor believed me because ...again... she worked for the state, for the court system,  and I didn’t. So I ended up never having a chance and neither did my son.

After the alleged ‘assault’ which she had me falsely arrested for, I had to go to these domestic violence classes or risk a possible conviction, even though the public defender representing me told me he didn’t think I should’ve gotten arrested in the first place... but I didn’t want to risk it.

A woman who was in charge of the domestic violence classes I had to attend, which was comprised only of men,  told us  that most of us who were there thought we were “angels” but in her opinion we were not. And the fact was that there were men there who spoke about how they had not really even done anything to their girlfriends, wives etc. But were set up and arrested anyway just as I had been.Because cops rarely believe it’s possible for men to be assaulted or abused by women.

So these men  were trying to avoid a criminal record by being potentially convicted in a feminist-leaning court system just as I was, and therefore had to go to these stupid classes to avoid that, where they were then further insulted and humiliated by the woman in charge telling them that.

The legal system in this country generally treats men like animals. And criminals. Just for having dicks, to put it crudely. But that seems to be what it’s all about. The incredible brutality of American no-fault divorce courts is responsible for 3x as many divorced American men/fathers committing suicide every year compared to divorced women/mothers. I’ve experienced it personally. Welcome to America. 

If you’re an American male, submit to the feminist agenda and castrate yourself just to be on the safe side. Or if that’s a bit too gory, at least consider gender reassignment, join MGTOW or even go gay just to play it safe. You won’t regret it.

Individual cases of both male and female Domestic Abuse, rarely make the news.  Most people don't want everyone knowing how terrible their personal lives were.

• Jas B

Only the most extreme cases of domestic violence ever make the news, regardless of the gender of the victim or perpetrator.

When guys get beaten up by women they tend to not go and brag about it 

• Foofa

It is true that rarely does any kind of domestic violence make the news unless it results in death. You certainly do hear about it when a woman abuses a male partner to death.