Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceWords & Wordplay · 2 months ago

"I mistakenly said like that." Is this sentence correct?

I mean "I mistakenly said how I said."

Favorite Answer

Not clear as to meaning even with the correction, so neither is really a good choice or "correct".  I suspect you mean that you misspoke. said words that weren't what you thought you were saying or intended to say, for some reason, sometimes as simple as a mild confusion at the moment of speaking.  I misspoke when I said that.

I misspoke means that whatever I said at that time was not correct, for some reason other than "on purpose".   Hard to claim having spoken wrong, said the wrong thing by mistake or from a brain cramp or some other excuse, when you did it on purpose.

• ?

It puzzles me. Did you mean, "I mistakenly said that"? If so, it would be fine.

It would be "I mistakenly said what I said" not "how I said" but you can just say "I was mistaken" which is what most people would say.

I was mistaken in the way I said that.