John asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 2 months ago

Discord or game not using the output device my window is set to?

I have a speaker and headphones. Before, it would use the speaker by default (as it should since I set that as my default device) and when my wireless headphone turns on, my computer would automatically switch to it. Then one day this suddenly stopped (didn't touch settings and window didn't update) and I had to manually switch the output device myself. And the inconvenience didn't stop there. Now any game, including discord that has its own setting to change output device won't switch to whatever my computer is using and I have to manually switch it in each and every one of them when I switch between headphone and speaker.

Anyone know if this is some setting issue or I need to contact support?

That's strange.  It always uses the active windows output device when opening games or discord for me.  I'm not sure why it would always use a specific output device for you.