Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Dining OutFast Food · 2 months ago

Do you think getting paid $8 making 29 hours every week at subway is good or bad?

37 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

That’s the American dream son! 

• 2 months ago

Calculate your bills if you have any. Calculate how often you want or need to have entertainment. Shopping. Food. Health Insurance, Gas, Cell phone, etc. If the money isnt enough for your needs and wants than go find a second job. Or get educated and get a better one. I make 9.00 an hour 40 hr a week as a Receptionist. I love my job. Get a 2nd job for you wants that pay more. Govt jobs pay more. CDL jobs pay a lot. Write a list of jobs and careers. And take advantage of it.

• 2 months ago

better than $7 worse than $9, arguably better than handjobs in the alley.

• 2 months ago

it's more than the federal minium wage. check your state minimum wage and see if it's higher. anyways 8 dollars at 29 hours a week. everyone has to start somewhere. I made 7.25 dollars at my first job when minimum wage was 5.75.  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

If you are young and still in high school, that is fine.

• KTJoe
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Pay is low but okay if no citizenship or green-card.

• 2 months ago

No if you need more money! Listen March right in there and say manager I’m worth (x amount) figure out rent and Netflix budget and do the math about glue budget. 

Source(s): I’ve been living independently for Manx years and I’m good to above average at budgeting for things like a ps5
  • 2 months ago

If you have to pay for your own place to live, utilities every month, buy your own food, clothes and transportation 8 dollars an hour at 29 hours a week will not pay your bills. It will not even come close. If it is a part time job while you are living with your parents and still building a resume it might be okay for a short time. 

Or if you are retired, have a pension and social security and are just looking for extra spending money to pay for your hobby  it might be enough.

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Since the minimum wage is higher than that......NO. 

• 2 months ago

If you are a kid looking for spending money, it is OK.  If you have to support yourself , it will barely do.  If you have a family, it is not nearly enough.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.