?
? asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 2 months ago

What’s your favorite “One Liner” from a classic movie?

Mine is: “I am serious, and don’t call me Shirley!”

Airplane, 1977

• Favorite Answer

Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore - Wizard of Oz.

Doesn't Matter How Hard You Hit Its About How Hard You Can Get Hit And Keep Moving Forward - Sylvester Stallone ( Rocky 6) 

• Get Your Stinking Paws Off Me You Damned Dirty Ape

Mmm.. I guess "Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas, anymore !"

My Fave is This one, from a Spaghetti  Western:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSCJHLCcbp8

Youtube thumbnail

• F

“You’re only supposed to blow the bl00dy doors off!” Michael Caine Italian Job

Yours was good, but wrong year.  1977 was the serious version, called Airport 77.  The parody was done in 1980.  Anyway...

"As you wish."

John Wayne playing Davy Crockett in the Alamo, on the night before the final battle, when the men in the Alamo knew they were all going to die, Crockett was asked what he was thinking about and he replied "Not thinking, just remembering".

My fave brainless movie line comes from Clueless. There's a scene where Tye is all giddy about bonding with Josh. Cher, who just announced she flunked her driver's license test, interrupts Tye to say Josh and Tye dont mix. Tye is hurt and responds that she doesn't even know why she is listening to Cher anyway because: 

"Your a virgin, who can't drivvve!" 

I have many fav.'s after seeing thousands of films over my lifetime. Many stand out, this is one of them.

"Fasten your seat belts, it's gonna be a bumpy night." - Bette Davis from All About Eve 1950.

"Remember who you are!"

The Lion King 

"I have a gun in my purse, if you tell one more lie about me I'm gonna get that gun and change you from a rooster to a hen with one shot." Dolly Parton to her boss in 9 to 5 after her boss was telling people in the office they were having an affair.