Lack of sleep in your early 60s ?

My father wont come out about his health with me he’s very private. I just need some insight on his possible health so I don’t get a big shock in the near future that I was unprepared for . He is 5’8 white male about 205 pounds. He is 61 years old he looks healthy to me he is still as youthful as his 50s and his hair is only a little grey . He has high blood pressure and suffers from neuropathy. Most days he’s not in severe pain maybe 1 or 2 times a year he gets a spell where his back is out and lays in bed all day other then that he can move fine 99% of the year. He does not sleep well I can hear him tossing and turning in bed at night 1,2,3,4 am . The slightest little noise can walk him up he will stop snoring. He says it’s due to his neuropathy he’s in pain tho it’s not noticeable like I said to the naked eye . His doctor is worried about

His sleep he gets less then 7 hours about everyday 4-5 hours rare 7-8 . I try to keep a positive outlook on my family members the average American male lives 78 years so I’m hoping he has a long 15-18 years of life given all this should I be planing for the worse a much sooner death ? 

• Eva

Since he snores, he may have sleep apnea which can shorten his life span. There are treatments for it.  Hopefully he takes his blood pressure medication.  Losing some weight could help his blood pressure and the sleep apnea.

• ?

Sounds like he is diabetic. Is he tending to that problem??  Then, have him get a sleep apnea test re: the sleep problems.

If you know HALF of what you state in your details, he IS NOT very private about his health. You know more about his medical condition than is doctor.

I turn 60 next month, have neuropathy, and usually sleep 3-4 hours a night. I will often take a nap in the afternoon since I can't keep my eyes open around 11:30 am.  I too am a light sleeper  You father's condition does not sound that unusual and nothing to be unduly concerned about.

Can’t help you with a quote on lifespan, but I can tell you 5-8 and 205 is considered obese. Hypertension and sleep problems have me thinking you should ask about a sleep study. It took me awhile to get used to a Bi-Pap, but I love it now.