Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 2 months ago

Did Kamala Harris earn her spot as VP or did she get it because of affirmative action?

She did poorly in the primaries and had to drop out before the Iowa caucus. Biden made it clear though that he picked her because she is brown and a woman. Men and white women weren't going to be picked simply because they didn't meet the superficial race and sex criteria. If we're going to start granting positions to less deserving, and less competent people who merely fit certain demographic traits, then America will fall and will deserve to fall.

22 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Harris is the best person for this job at this point in time. The fact that she's female and a minority and married to a white man are mere bonuses. American people will excel under her leadership. I'm sorry to hear you won't be one of them. 

As encouraged as I am by her being chosen as VP, I had been hoping she would be the pick for Attorney General. There are many unanswered charges from the Trump Administration that are yet to be pursued and it will take a really sharp Attorney General who's in it for America, not partisanship. Biden has vowed to stay out of it. 

• 2 months ago

She got it because she was a California Senator who was qualified. She was also Black, female and a progressive. 

• 2 months ago

Kamala has compassion and Biden needed a compassionate woman to back him while he faced allegations of sexism and pedophilia, choosing kamala will buy him some time 

• 2 months ago

Again, just a Biden poor choice.  He has done this for 47 years.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

She was tapped because she's what Obama sees as his natural successor. It's becoming more clear that Biden was picked for VP because he's a useful idiot who could appeal to the white working class. 

• 2 months ago

She got it because she has no principles or morals and will do exactly what she is told. The ideal POTUS for the Globalists. And, yes, she is in line to be POTUS.

• 2 months ago

She did not do particularly poorly in the crowded primaries. I remember a period when she surged. Joe Biden dropped out in 2008 much earlier. Yet he was chosen for vice president. I dare say there’s nothing Kamala could’ve done that would satisfy you. She’s perfectly qualified, not that you consider that necessary.

• BB
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Ask Willie.         

• Juana
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Are you saying a black woman can't be as competent as a white male? Because if you aren't, then your whole point is moot.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Obviously because she's black (or claims to be so) and a woman. But that's how politics works unfortunately. Superficial things like that win elections. If he were to pick a more qualified VP like Bernie Sanders, he'd turn off a lot of voters.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.