Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 2 months ago

I haven’t gotten a haircut since March 21st, due to COVID.  Am I doing the right thing, despite the barbershops taking extra precaution?

Are other people doing the same thing?

Since I’m fortunately still working, I put gel in my hair to keep it looking short and stylish, and am doing the best to keep my scuzzy goatee/sideburns looking as maintained as possible (I don’t want to shave it off).  It’s a ghost town in the office though, since majority of the staff is working from home.  So I don’t have to make a [professional] impression on anyone such as superiors and such.

You may have saved some money there.

• Carmen

Each person will be accountable for their own actions and a wise person sees red flags or possible danger and protect themselves so yes if it's working out to get haircuts outside of barbershops stick with it. It's always a possibility of catching anything in a public place even the ones who trying to be safe because unless they taking temperatures and practicing social distancing and crowds to know what's entering a building anything is possible. 

• RICK

My wife has been cutting mine about every 6 weeks since this started. She does good enough i doubt ill ever go back to the barber shop

If you're wanting a quick cut try buzzing yourself xjklpd

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

I've been cutting my own and it's working fine. $25 or so for a kit and it lasts for years. If you don't mind a crewcut just put the 1/8" attachment on and cut until no more comes off. 15-20 minutes and you're done. As for the beard, I just trim it slightly and let it grow.

Didn't you know?   Mullets are back in style!

• Andy C

I cut my own hair and do so every two weeks.   

I even manage to get a fade. 

There is no "right or wrong".  Some others are doing the same as you.  Other are using covid as an excuse.  Most are getting their hair done.  You can wear two mask and the chance of infection is very small.

Starting last week, barbers in my area are unable to do shaves.

• k w

naw, mine finally opened, and I quick got mine cut, and prepared for the same thing, just in case....

Well, lots of people are growing their hair long at the moment. Others are using clippers and going for the streamlined look. Here is the thing

- Getting a haircut can help you get a job

- It will help the barbers economically

- Put money into the economy

But

- It is a risk of infection

- May be unnecessary