Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 2 months ago

Would you rather use someone's used clothes or buy new clothes?

37 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

I personally am happy with both. I love thrifting or buy clothes off of people, but I also love going out and buying something new and different. Especially shoes!!

• 2 months ago

used clothes so I'm not giving into fast fashion and not spending as much money purchasing clothing

• 2 months ago

I'm happy doing both.

Going shopping is the same whether it's in a high street store or a charity shop. But you get more of a thrill finding a bargain second hand :-) Like a pair of as new DM's for £10!

Buying second hand is better as you are generally helping out a charity and also better for the environment by not letting the clothes go to landfill.

• Cathy
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Michelle Obama says he prefers new clothes

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

I would rather buy new because then I can I feel a little bit better about it

• 2 months ago

I'd rather buy new clothes. I can not accept other's used clothes touch my skin, even the clothes were washed and clean.

• 2 months ago

I paid $58 for a pair of jeans; someone said go  goodwill type store they were $ 12 

• rhonda
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

I prefer new as I can remember having to wear hand down clothes that my older sisters wore when I was growing up

• 2 months ago

I seldom settle for anything the way it was originally sold, whether new or used. My favorite is sewing "refashions" of existing items, making them to suit me better, if the fabric feels good and I like the color or design. 

I live in Florida now, so the BoHo look goes anywhere - I don't want to own anything I can't feasibly wear to the beach if the opportunity strikes, and I've gotten rid of most of the cheap synthetic fibers, like polyester. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I don't really care although I don't buy used clothes directly. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.