Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 2 months ago

What can you do if you work with someone who disliked you as soon as they met you?

Be polite?

Totally depends on the job.

If you can ignore them, do, I aint got time to make an effort with people who don't like me.

If you have to see them every day and talk to them, then I would just be super over friendly and over the top. Lol

Ignore their existence as much as you humanly can zjqpvwb

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

Yes, still be polite. What are the rules in baseball? Am I right? After the third strike, you redirect them and nip it in the bud just like you would to a senior citizen who suffers from alzhemiers. Then you can move forward with avoidance. After avoidance, is the last step, reporting it to the supervisor because if you guys can't come together and be team players then the team can not work. Look at it like you would consider the 5 stages of grief. 

I've found that people who make no effort to get to know you and don't like you are users. Whether its to borrow something, get favors, a ride somewhere or whatever. If they think they can't use you,  they ignore you so your probably better off without them. Then there is the ones who give you a "gift" hoping you will get them something and when you don't, they get silently mad, won't say anything to you but start ignoring you. It does no good to ask them why they don't like you. People can't be honest. And sometimes its jealousy. I have often thought about hiring an investigator to find out the real truth of why someone don't like me. Maybe they could secretly record them talking about me or something because I really want to know. Though I haven't gone that far yet. If someone don't like you, i'd ignore them and be around those who do.

Kill 'em with kindness. 

Just be polite and cordial towards that person and not let this person's feelings towards you bother you.

That is all you can do. Don't go out of your way to be overly gracious to try to make them like u. Often times people dont like you for things beyond your control. You could remind them of someone who hurt them. They could feel your attractiveness will draw others to you and become jealous. They may not like your mannerisms, etc. You continue to be you. Everyone will not like us. Just be professional and polite, just as you would to anyone. Dont ask why they dont like u. 

Remain focused on the work and your own productivity.  Remember, you cannot control or change others, but you are completely responsible for how you respond to those around you.

stay with people who do like you and forget about the others

Be so nice to them that it's borderline obnoxious. It will drive them insane and there's nothing they can do about it.