Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 2 months ago

Why are some men so offended by feminism?

Is it because you don’t want to surrender any of your rights in order to make society more equal? If so, why do you think it’s justifiable for you to maintain all your rights so others don’t obtain equal rights? How is that justified, in your eyes? No trolling, just genuinely curious. 

Update:

God: you make some good points but you neglect to mention that women are killed on a daily basis by men for arbitrary reasons such as rape etc. It’s true that women have become a protected species but it is necessary for aforementioned reasons. Women seldom kill and rape strangers on the street. It is commonplace for men to rape and kill strangers (women) on the streets. How do women have more rights when men kill and rape women and women don’t (hardly ever) kill and rape men? 

22 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Respecting the equality of women and men takes away no rights I have as a man. If there is something men have no right to do once we all accept the equality of women, then they had no right to do it anyway.  There are no losers in equality.

• 2 months ago

Classical Feminism and radical third wave feminist are 2 different things i expect the vast majority of people at least in the western world dont have a problem with the former it's ith the later where they generally disagree because 3rd wave feminism is an extremist cult where its adherents want anything but equality.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

1st: half of domestic violence is perpetuated by women, even though men are more likely to kill a female intimate partner than women. in Total homicide victims are 80% percent male. 

2nd: NO ONE should give up their rights in order to be in an equal society, that's just wrong, it's ok that women should have their rights respected, but what you are not getting in consideration it's that in some countries (idk if america is one of those, i'm not american) women have LEGAL privileges, like for example, the penalty for a crime it's less severe in women than it is to men.

3rd: saying that women being a "protected species" as you say, it's just sexist, because equality searches for males and women being equals and not one being protected compared to the other.

4th: women might be equal to men someday, but it won't change the mind of any killer or rapist, because they will keep doing that, because guess what, killing or raping someone it's already illegal, and they don't give a ****, so they wont give a **** after women are equal either.

5th: modern feminism has degraded into hembrism, so being "offended" by it, it's the same as women being "offended" by machism.

6th. the main problem of sexism is the differentiation of crimes commited against women compared to crimes commited against men, feminicide it's a great example, total victims of homicide is the VAST majority being men, so making the differentiation between female and male homicide it's just futile, because "feminicide" victims should be treated the same as homicide victims, and making a differentiation between both it's just another example of how hard it is for women to be equal to men.

Attachment image
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

I don't think it's that men want to be offended by feminism but I think modern feminism had just become very offensive.  When you're considered the enemy of a certain movement what do you think they're going to think? In the feminist movement men are the enemy so therefore feminists are often attacking men for no reason even men that don't deserve it.  If I created a movement and you were the enemy of that movement what would you think about that movement? Modern feminism isn't just about equal rights anymore it's about destroying men and trying to feminize men. The feminist movement is is also undermining men's rights such as parental rights. Many of your feminist sisters are actually out there trying to destroy my men literally and calling it feminism. If you've ever had a brother, son or male relative that was destroyed by a woman then you'll see what I mean. and also feminists want to pick and choose what rights they want to be equal and what rights they don't.  When it suits them they want not be equal when it comes to consequences but they want to be equal when it comes to benefits. they want to be able to hit men but men are supposed to hit them back. They don't want to be treated equally in a justice system like receiving equal sentences as men. Equal rights comes with advantages and disadvantages and as usual people want all the advantages but not the disadvantages; feminists are no different. I understand and agree with why feminism and women's rights is necessary but if you're just going to replace male chauvinism with female chauvinism then what's the use? Feminism has also caused an increase in female incarceration, drug use and alcoholism which means more dysfunctional children and broken homes. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

I would rather the rights be shared in all honesty and desire; not taken by force. Men are quite giving; given an honest chance. Feminism does not give honest chances to any one. The problem is, feminists have done nothing but prove their lack of responsibility. Is it responsible of feminists to force what you want and expect men to go along with it because they want to exploit their great fight for women kind in the world?  Feminists want to fight for women they should knock off the crap and do it right.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Women gained equal rights to men many decades ago.  For decades feminists have been fighting for women to be advantaged and men disadvantaged.  Feminists have created a gender war.   

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

@ Jake - your picture is totally antithetical to what you have written in your answer. The picture illustrates communism - which is equality of outcome. The shortest guy can contribute to society in other ways. He does not have to do everything the tallest guy does.

• Robin
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It will never be equal as it’s a gentlemans right to support his family 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

“Equality” can sound nice. We are talking about roles. If women want to do everything that men do, then what about families? Who is going to make children and form families? That’s the issue. Society is already disintegrating. Marriages are declining. Birthrate is abysmally low. Society is not going to last. Feminists never address these issues that are far more important. Seriously, what rights do you think women don’t have in our society?

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

yep keep thinkin men are offended and afraid all you want. .

• Embery
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Exactly what rights do you think women don't have?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.