? asked in PetsDogs · 2 months ago

Is it worth it to have a dog?

28 Answers

Relevance
  • Sarah
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

I love my dog. He's my best bud. We do just about everything together and I honestly cant think about a time where he wasn't by my side.

But he shits and pisses everywhere, and always gets into the trash.

• 2 months ago

Yes, if you train it well. But to each their own, and some people just don't do well with dogs. But can help protect, guard, hunt, and etc. 

• ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Depends on how you define "worth it"

• 2 months ago

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

I can't answer that for anyone else. What do you think?

• 2 months ago

I don't understand the 'worth it' bit.

Is it a pleasure to own a dog then yes of course IF you really want a dog and are prepared to put in the work and the commitment needed. 

There's very few people who,  once they've owned a dog,  will ever be without one. 

But it is no good getting one until you know you will put in the time and effort and realise that a dog restricts your lifestyle somewhat.   

• ?
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Absolutely.  A dog is PURE JOY.

• 2 months ago

To me it is far more worth having a dog than not having any at all.  I have not been without a dog for a very very very long time.

I have spent all of my adult life taking in large & extra large dog & not I am down to 1 when I am used to having about 5 at any one given time.  Yes it is worth it.  Big time worth it.  I cannot imagine life without dogs.  I am 72 next month.

Dogs have been my life passion,  I am a Canine Behaviorist, a retired Professional Dog Trainer, a retired all breed Dog Groomer & I rescued these dogs for over 50 yrs.

• 2 months ago

If you don't know, it may not be for you.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes very certainly it is, should you be a  working shepherd  as I am .... Then particularly so.

Attachment image
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.