do I inform my employers ?

So I live with my parents and my mom works in a nursing home , which now has some cases of covid. My mom has been tested and the results are negative, also the infection is contained on only one floor and she hasn’t worked there. 

Now do I inform my employers of this ? If I do can I ask them to keep this info confidential until ofcourse I am infected. Also I live in Ontario and I haven’t seen any rules about this situation.

Thanks 

You are not required to inform them, but you should be wearing a virus-proof mask at work and social distancing.  And don't touch what you don't have to touch.  If you see a reason to inform them, then by all means DO inform them, but don't do it expecting time off.  It won't likely happen.

• H

If your mom tested negative then you have nothing to report. 

The only time you should report to your employer is when you are aware that you came in contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19. At least the employer will be able to make a decision based off new information. 

• RP

Since she is negative, there is really nothing to report.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. What they don't know won't hurt them.

• Maxi

Infom them about what? Your mother tested negative for covid so you have zero to inform them about........... reality is if/when your mother is tested again it takes several daysbefore results come through and if the result is positive then she and you have already been infectious to other people while awaiting results

No, you don’t inform people about something that hasn’t happened yet, there is no point,  people are surrounded by possibles with this, everywhere.  You only inform when it becomes reality, for now you practice safe as much as possible

There is nothing to tell your employer.    What would you expect them to say, anyways?  

Literally everyone has come into contact with someone who has come into contact with someone who was exposed.  

You do not bother your employer with "My mom tested negative."     That is not news.   

Put on your big boy/girl pants.   If/when you think you have actually been exposed (or you have symptoms or you test positive), you make the decision yourself to STAY HOME.

You obviously aren't that concerned because you can't be bothered to go get tested yourself.   Sounds like you want your boss to tell you to take some time off.   

If she was not told to stay home,  then no.