FedEx hit my house and fled. Cost 8,500. Their adjuster stated they would maybe pay 5,300 and I would be OUT the other 3,200 to fix. HELP?

20 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Do not accept the $5,300. They are responsible for the cost of the repair as they damaged the home. If necessary, hire an attorney.

• zipper
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Time to get yourself an attorney and file a law suite against them CREEPS!

• 2 months ago

I hope you've allowed your insurance company to fight this. You shouldn't be trying it on your own. Remember David and Goliath--and remember you're not David. :)  Seriously, give this matter over to your homeowner's insurance company and they will pursue the repair and the fight for you. Do NOT deal with FedEx's insurance company on your own. 

Either that, or get an attorney onto this matter immediately. You know that FedEx will want to pay the least amount they can--but trust me they can pay the WHOLE THING. You need pro's to help you get that money, however. 

• 2 months ago

never deal with any insurance company, not even your own, always call an attorney, i cant stress that enough

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

What is your question?

• 2 months ago

No, they didn't flee.  You wouldn't have their insurance information and their adjuster wouldn't offer you anything unless they confirmed it happened.  

As for 'maybe' paying 60% of the repair cost, no they didn't.  Adjusters don't say maybe, it's not in their dictionary.  You need to find out exactly what they're offering, and why they're not offering to fix the full amount.  They'll tell you if you ask them, because they know they have to.

• 2 months ago

THEIR adjuster.   Call YOUR insurance company and have THEIR adjuster come out and give an estimate.    Present that to FedEx.   If they will not pay it,   hire a lawyer. 

• car253
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

May had the best answer.   Let your homeowners insurance pay.   They will go after FedEx for repayment.   

• ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Their adjuster stated "Maybe......."?  One wonders why he would even say such a foolish thing?  That means next to nothing.  Regardless, Use your own insurance.  Isn't this one reason you bought homeowners insurance in the first place?

Let your insurance pay to repair your house and then let them go after FedEx for reimbursement.  They are experts, you (we) are not.

Why do people bother to buy insurance but then "forget?" or don't understand that it should/can be used?

Jeez !    :>(

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Turn the problem over to your insurance company. That's what you are paying them for.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.