Which is correct?

After reaching wisdom _________

1. will I be happy?2. will I become happy? 

Favorite Answer

normally, becoming is seen as a process, and you appear to be discussing the state at the time of the event, rather than the commencement of the process.  It would be expected that you would mean "being" once that time came to happen, rather than "becoming" only upon that time arriving.  Presumably, the becoming was occurring the entire time that you were reaching wisdom but had not finished getting to it.

You could say "After becoming wise, will I be happy?" just as easily and as meaningfully as "after reaching wisdom".

#1 would fit better. 

• ?

There is really no significant difference between be and become in this context. Either works and is correct.

First, you don't reach wisdom, you acquire it. If you have acquired wisdom, then you are happy already, so the wording would be 'After acquiring wisdom, I am happy'  Actually, it's whatever you want. If you are not happy when you have wisdom, but hope to become happy, then use the other option. 

will become happy